If you have worked with us to build your website, chances are we may have talked to you about blogs. Blogs are a great way to insert keywords on your website as well as keep it fresh with new content, which are two important ways that will help your website be found on Google.
Google loves websites that are fresh and current, and by adding blogs to your website you are showing Google that your business is alive and active. In the end, your blogs will help with your Google rankings.
When writing blogs, there are a few things you need to use as rules:
- Make sure it is at least 300 words.
- Make sure the keyword you are focusing on in each blog is mentioned not more than 5% of the whole content. If it starts to be repeated too often, Google may flag your website for keyword stuffing.
- Make sure the keyword appears in the title.
- Make sure the keyword is in the first sentence.
Adding blogs to your website offers more ways than just getting content on your website. One blog can be repurposed in a multitude of ways.
A few examples include:
- Social Media Posts – Take your blog and divide it into a variety of posts. Encourage people to go back to your website to read the rest of the blog.
- Email Marketing – Blogs can be added to your monthly emails to customers. Provide a snippet of the blog or a description that leads them back to read more.
- Videos – Turn your blog into a video to share on social media or vice versa.
- Infographic – If the topic of your blog can be turned into an infographic for people to share, do it!
In the end, if you’re not blogging, you should be! They can provide you with so many benefits and help increase your search on Google.
If you’re not a writer, we can help! Here at Interlace Communications, we ghost write for a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your own blog ideas.